Terms & Conditions
Terms of Sale
- No rug installation services are included in this order unless specifically noted herein.
- Erik Lindstrom is not responsible for on-site conditions or limitations that prevent delivery of the rug. It is the responsibility of Buyer to determine that the rug can be delivered by elevators, entry doors and other points of entry. Erik Lindstrom has relied upon the accuracy of all information, plans, drawings, specifications and measure ments provided by the Buyer when designing and manufacturing the rug.
- Damage to the rug during shipping must be reported by Buyer directly to the carrier within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of merchandise. Erik Lindstrom must also be advised of all visible damages to the rug immediately. All rug packaging materials must be retained by Buyer until inspection by carrier.
- In no event shall Erik Lindstrom be liable for any consequential or incidental damages. In no event shall Erik Lindstrom’s liability, for any reason, exceed the amount actually paid by Buyer to Erik Lindstrom for the rug.
- Careful inspection of the rug is made by Erik Lindstrom before shipment. However, final inspection and acceptance of the delivered rug are the ultimate responsibilities of the Buyer. Immediately upon receipt, Buyer must inspect the rug for color, size and description consistency with the order.
- The delivered rug will substantially conform to the color, size, style, design and description of the order, except that the rug may vary slightly from description or sample due to the custom, hand-made nature of the rug and the natural variation in materials used to create the rug.
- Shading, variations in color, and watermarking are natural characteristics of any rug and are not considered to be defects.
- The highest quality of workmanship is employed in the production of all Erik Lindstrom rugs. Proper care and cleaning of your Erik Lindstrom Rug is important to maintain its appearance and integrity. Kindly review and follow the information in the care document posted at www.eriklindstrom.com
- ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Any oral statements about merchandise made by Erik Lindstrom’s employees or agents do not constitute warranties.
- RUGS WITH OBVIOUS DEFECTS SUCH AS DYE LOT VARIATIONS, IMPROPER COLOR AND/OR VISIBLE DAMAGE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN UNLESS A CLAIM IS REPORTED BY BUYER WITHIN FOURTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF BUYER’S RECEIPT OF DELIVERY. ALL RUG RETURNS MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY ERIK LINDSTROM IN WRITING, AND BUYER SHALL RECEIVE A CREDIT OF THE PURCHASE AMOUNT TOWARDS A REPLACEMENT RUG.
- All prior agreements, warranties or representations made by either party are superseded by these terms and cannot be modified, except by a further written notice signed by both Buyer and Erik Lindstrom. No terms set forth in Buyer’s purchase order form shall become a part of this agreement, and any such terms are hereby rejected.
- FOR ONLINE ORDERS OF IN-STOCK RUGS THERE IS A RESTOCKING FEE OF 10% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, IF RETURNED IN UNUSED CONDITION WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF RECEIPT OF DELIVERY. ALL RUG RETURNS MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY ERIK LINDSTROM IN WRITING.
- Refunds. Deposits on custom rugs are non-refundable. If payment is made in full, this should qualify as the deposit. Only in-stock rugs which are returned in the same condition and within the allotted time will be issued a refund (minus 10% re-stocking fee). Once inspected, if they do require cleaning or are returned damaged, only a partial refund will be granted (not sure how this should be illustrated).
- The returned item/items must be sent back in the condition that you received them. We will not be accepting heavily used items that are damaged after delivery as a result of consumer usage. 16. You can use the packaging your items arrived in for your returns. If you lose the package or the package gets damaged while opening, you may use a new box or plastic package depending on the initial shipping type. Our customers are responsible for the return packaging and packing material.
Careful inspection of the rug is made by Erik Lindstrom® before shipment. However, final inspection and acceptance of the delivered rug are the ultimate responsibilities of the Buyer. Immediately upon receipt, Buyer must inspect the rug for color, size and description consistency with the order.
The delivered rug will substantially conform to the color, size, style, design and description of the order, except that the rug may vary slightly from description or sample due to the custom, hand-made nature of the rug and the natural variation in materials used to create the rug.
Erik Lindstrom® warrants the rug against manufacturing defects in workmanship or materials for one (1) year from the date of the original purchase.
This warranty is only applicable to rugs placed in use indoors and in environments maintained at normal temperature and humidity. It does not cover tears, burns, cuts, pulls, or other damage, deterioration, stain, loss of color or appearance caused by abuse, or improper or inadequate maintenance. It does not cover products placed in use on stairs, ramps, or any area
regularly subjected to wheeled or rolling apparatuses.
This warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement. Erik Lindstrom®’s total liability shall not exceed the invoice amount to the original Buyer. Erik Lindstrom® is not responsible for bodily injury, property loss or damage, removal or relocation of furnishings, or any incidental or consequential damages or costs associated with repair or replacement.
This warranty is intended for the protection of the initial Buyer and is not transferable to any other party.
This warranty does not cover the following, which may affect the rug’s appearance and/or performance over time:
- Normal wear and tear
- Shedding (this can be reduced by vacuuming the rug at a low power mode at least once a week)
- Normal sprouting, pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Occasional sprouting pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Color and texture changes due to the use of natural fibers and dyes or prolonged exposure to sunlight, humidity,
- heat or certain atmospheric gases
- Seam peaking from rolling the rug (this should disappear with reverse rolling)
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum’s beater bar
- Damage caused by pets
- Improper cleaning
- Rolling marks (these should disappear with routine vacuuming)
- Matting and crushing in rugs, which can be minimized by proper maintenance of the rug
- Rugs recently removed from a bag may have odor which can dissipate by placing the rug (back side up) in direct sunlight for 24 hours
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.